INAS is a signatory to the World Anti-Doping Code as the basis for the fight against doping in sport.
INAS treats the issue of doping very seriously. Competitors, Coaches, Member Organisations, Event Organisers and Sport Technical Officers should read and understand the WADA procedures carefully and ensure they are upheld at every opportunity.
INAS Anti-Doping Programme
The INAS Anti-Doping & Medical Committee oversee all aspects of INAS’ anti-doping programme. This includes in-competition testing at all INAS-organised events, an out-of-competition testing programme, therapeutic-use exemption management and test-result management.
- INAS Anti-Doping Policy
- In-Competition Testing Policy
- 2017/18 Out-Of-Competition Testing Policy & Registered Testing Pool
Prohibited Substances and Methods
Each year, WADA publish a list of ‘banned substances and methods’ – that is substances and practices which are illegal in sport as have been deemed to be performance enhancing.
Therapeutic Use Exemption (TUE)
Athletes, like all others, may have illnesses or conditions that require them to take particular medications. If the medication an athlete is required to take to treat an illness or condition happens to fall under the Prohibited List, a TUE may give that athlete the authorisation to take the needed medicine.
TUE applications should be sent to the INAS Anti-Doping Committee NO LESS THAN 21 DAYS BEFORE COMPETITION – sooner where possible. TUE applications should be sent to email@example.com
TUE’s are granted for a specific medication with a defined dosage. They are also granted for a specific period of time and do expire. The athlete needs to comply with all the treatment conditions outlined in the TUE Application.
More information about TUE’s:
- International Standard for Therapeutic Use Exemptions
- WADA TUE Guidelines
- Information about TUE and ADHD (Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder)
Anti-Doping Education is essential for all athletes’ development. INAS has compiled together some tools and resources in various languages to support Member Organisations with education of coaches and athletes.
- Video: Level the Playing Field
- Video: Say No! to Doping
- Video: Doping Control Process
- Guide: Anti-Doping at a Glance
- Guide: Dangers of Doping
- Guide: The Doping Control Process
- Guide: Therapeutic Use Exemptions (TUEs) At a Glance
- Guide: INAS Whereabouts guide
- Guide: Athlete Guide – (English, French & Spanish)